Sunday, December 25, 2011

a 30 something... tis the season!

It's the most wonderful time of the year.  Even if there isn't any snow and I can go outside in a sweater and not freeze my tucas off.  It's also the time of year to see old friends. 

The singleton's problem... making reservations.  You are making reservations w/ your favorite best friend and his/her significant other and the hostess asks, "how many will there be?"  Singleton's reponse?  "Three."  Yup.  The third wheel.  You show up and it's pretty obvious who is the "third" in the group.  Hopefully, your friends are like mine and it's not the "poor single friend" conversation over a martini and dinner rolls.

Christmas eve the family is over and of course there's the "when are you going to settle down" talk.  Followed by the "when are you going to stop stealing extra candy when no one is looking" burn.  Or the "why are you still single? You should find someone."  Ok. I guess now I can start dating since apparently I've forgotten to do that this past year.  (Although, maybe I have forgotten how to date!  That's another blog).

Now, presents are opened, food is in the oven and you can't shake fa la la la from your head.  A big cup of Starbucks Christmas Blend (I throw it out there just in case they ever want to throw me some free SB sometime.  Yes, I'm a sellout) and a yummy cookie to start the day, because Christmas is the day cookies are a totally acceptable breakfast.  Fuzzy socks are on and so is the yulelog in the background while gathering up ripped ribbon and cookie crumbs.  (Ok, I can be a messy cookie eater. That's what vacuums are for.) Well, maybe not the yulelog.  I think there is a Chopped marathon on Food Network.  Nothing like the mystery ingredients after St. Nick has stopped by.

Well, my coffee cup is empty.  Happy Christmas, Merry Hanukkah, Have a good Sunday and anything else I've missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment