Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone.  Hopefully, you are looking forward to 2012 as well.  Here's to resolutions being kept and new beginnings.

I read somewhere recently that a new year isn't really a fresh start.  You'll still have the same problems you had the day before.  True.  But, I'm a rainbows and unicorns kind of person.  (Not literally.  I don't have a foil-print unicorn on my wall.  I took that down last year). I like looking on the bright side.  That doesn't mean I don't complain about ridiculous nonsense and it certainly doesn't mean I will not get annoyed w/ random dumb stuff.  And I will be the perpetual smarta$$ that I always am.  I just like to stop, take a breath and say - well, it could be worse.  Or wake up in the morning and think, I'm glad I've got this and that. 

Fresh starts.  Yes, yesterday was the old year.  And I still have bills to pay and I need a haircut... but here's how I see a new year... things you were afraid to try, places you didn't get to go... make those plans for this year.  Maybe in the next 365 days you'll accomplish one thing from your resolutions list.  One is better than none.  So make that to-do list.  Add a trip to the Grand Canyon.  Learn Italian so you can order a delicious meal somewhere authentic.  You want a new pair of killer boots?  Throw some change in a bowl instead of letting it lay in the bottom of your purse or on the floor of your car.  Want to be more organized?  Add it to the list.  And if the date January 1 helps you get motivated to lose those 10 pounds you've wanted off, then by all means... look at this as a fresh start for you.  Sometimes you just need a reason to go for something.  And for me, nothing like saying - HELLO NEW YEAR, I plan on changing things up.

I didn't officially make my resolutions list.  I'm going to work on that today.  It's always fun to do some cleaning and find last year's list (or the year before) and say - I actually did that!  I do know that my list will have things I will be able to check off and it will have things that are never going to happen.  It's nice to be optimistic sometimes though, isn't it?  Meet Ewan McGregor could happen!  You don't know.  Stranger things have.

What's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment